Monday, May 09, 2005

Pack Up and Leave

I hate packing! I always have. I don't understand why you would want to "pack" or rather CRAM items that you need into a small space. I usually do it the night before I go anywhere, or usually in the morning I am leaving. That won't be MUCH different this time, except that will just be into the car. I have so many things that I have to get into my car. Some how I have gathered a lot of things in these 9 months. Some of the things I have NO NO NO clue where they came from or how I got them, but over all I have a lot of trash. Items I collect and save with good intentions I am sure.
I really would like to donate everything I have to the needy. The problem with this would be that I would just benefit from it by having to get new things when I get home. It would not be the act of love that I would hope for it to be. I would also benefit from it because I would not have to figure out how to pack everything into things that are later packed into my car. It is like the process of giving to get out of things, which isn't the best of ideas.
So I go back to the dread of packing. I will get it done, just in time to hit the road.