Sunday, August 21, 2005

rewind the summertime

It is the last night of my summer. Classes officially start tomorrow. It doesn't seem like half of May, all of June and July and the majority of August are completed. It seems like I did a lot of nothing this summer. My summer in review...
End of May: Drove back to Wyoming--- accompanied by friend. Took her to Black Hills, and did the out west activities. 4 wheeling at ranch, and such. Had safety training for my job. Enjoyed the 3 day weekend, but on the last day started work at the mine.
June: The beginning was spent in Newcastle, Wyoming which allowed me to ride a bus out to the mine, and not have to drive during the 5 day- one day off- 6 days- 1 day off, and so forth training time. Once training was finished I then started with my crew, on nights and began to take the hour 15 min one way drive each day. It was nice to be home but the days then started to be 15 hours long.
July: The middle month was spent have a work schedule of 4 nights, 3 off, 3 days, 1 off, 3 nights, 3 off, 4 days, 7 off. I had a lot more days off this month, but when I did it was spent painting the bedroom, or doing things that needed to be done. I was also able to get some sleep and just enjoy the summer days of laying around. One of the weekends off I was able to go down and see my brother in Ft. Collins. It was nice to get into a city again, and like always to spend time with my brother. Might I mention that this was the only time that I went anywhere besides Douglas, Newcastle, or Casper this summer.
August:::: Two works of week, and then on to the Arizona. Have to throw Deer Creek Days into my last and one of two weekends off. I came down here about a week ago in order to get set up, and ready for school. I left the day after I was done working. I should probably have stayed and said some goodbyes, but I just wanted to get moved into my new APT, and try to have a few days of summer. The past week all I was able to do was get things build (YEAH IKEA assemble yourself furniture), and spend time with some friends. Overall it wasn't the most summer days I had, but the past week was a nice way to get back into the city, and settled before things get all crazy again.
I took out my backpack to put my never been used folders and notebooks into, and I was again reminded that summer is closing its door. The days are getting shorter, and the stress level for most is going up. I feel a comfort this year. I am going to work on the stress level, because that is the thing that always seems to get me. I need to just settle down, know that I am organized and work at head or at the pace not behind like normal. Stress is a created thing, so why not just let it all settle and then it won't have to be there at all.
Tomorrow when I pull out my notebook, and my purple pen, I will just have to think--- winter break is coming up...