Friday, April 06, 2007

Sitting up on a branch

I am in one those situations again. The ones that I think I am going to loose my mind. My thoughts are jumping all over the place, my stomach is hungry and wants to be fed. I can't sit inside and still any longer. I don't want to be in the place I am at, but yet on this hot spring day I must.
I tried to keep my mind busy, I still try. I played games against people on the internet. I searched for summer internships. I even read the most creative blogs I know. I have also been searching for Easter Dinner Recipes but yet I am a little bit closer each and every moment to not having much of anything left at all.. or at least having to chase after my mind as it is far ahead of me as I am typing this.

I want to be climbing a tree.... sitting at the top looking down at the ground... feeling that I have conquered it.... I want to sit there and eat the fruit that is one it (Arizona you know... some dry oranges, lemons, or grapefruit).... Just to feel the juices as they touch my finger tips... I really just want to get out a the box of windows I am sitting in.. have my senses become aware of things that are totally around them.. to experience more than the keys of the computer, the phone and the pen... I am to be away from technology.. up in a tree...breathing in fresh air... feeling nature...

Today is Good Friday... It is the day that Jesus was put on the cross.. Bad Friday for him.. Good Friday for us who believe.
I feel like I should be honoring him today by climbing a tree...
I want to go to the Good Friday Service tonight, where they will be talking about the 7 things Jesus said on the cross... I think it would be interesting to have it all taken apart... to really know what was behind each statement. Very powerful...

I am out of this box soon... soon I will climb a tree... the problem is that I only have palm trees at my apt, not much to sit on up there...