Thursday, February 10, 2005

turning pregatory into a chance of a life...

Tonight I went to a winter social for IIDA (Internation Interior Design Association), and it was mostly come eat food, and then listen to a lady bash the catholics for a few hours. It was suppose to be a Catechism class. I must admit that I laughed, even though most of the time it was about something in the news. It was a comedy skit, and I am not sure how she got the idea for it. Honestly I think that she went to catholic school, learned all about the things you do for it, and yet now that she is old and all her cats have died off, she is neglected the religion that she grew up with.
It took me back the days of "Interview with Jesus" aww yes my blonde brother John and my poor attempt at a duet. What can you say, Jesus didn't like that we were questioning the Bible, therefore we never won. The lady tonight would have put my face into one of the boxes in the pregatory (SP I KNOW) section of where you go after you die chart made of felt. It was interesting to see how many people left during the shrot break. The ladies that sat next to me, where both catholics, grew up in a catholic school, and had been through it all, so I could understand them leaving, but more than half of the people did.
I am not sure if they were offended or if they just thought she was going to go on forever, cause I thought that I would never make it back to Tempe this evening.
Overall I think that she educated people on the catholic religion in a joking way, but a lot of people that haven't had the knowledge would be able to believe any of it...